Sake Sommelier United Kingdom – London
|School: VSF Wine Education|
|Sake Educator: Tony Yip|
|Courses Run: Introductory Sake Professional|
He has worked in the language services industry for more than 15 years, with numerous clients in luxury goods, F&B and hospitality. This has led him to develop an interest in wine, spirits and Japanese saké, among other finer things in life.
Tony is an accredited SSA Sake Educator, and a holder of the following qualifications:
– SSA Advanced Sake Sommelier
– SSA Certified Sake Sommelier (with distinction)
– SSI International Kikisake-Shi (国際唎酒師)
– WSET Level 3 Award in Sake (with distinction in both tasting & theory)
– WSET Level 3 Award in Wines (with distinction in both tasting & theory)
– WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits (with distinction)
He was one of the 15 attendees at the Japan Sake & Shochu Academy 2020 hosted by the Japan Sake & Shochu Makers Association (JSS) in Tokyo.
Tony judges sake at several competitions, including “Kura Master” in Paris and “Sake Selection” in Japan.
Fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin, English, French and German, Tony is a Voting Member of the American Translators Association (ATA). As a Chartered Marketer/MCIM and Member of the Academy of Cheese, he also devises marketing plans for various food and beverage companies.