The Certified Sake Sommelier course takes place over two days.
On the first day, we cover the basics including:
- The history of sake
- Sake production
- Sake terminology and classifications
- Sake tasting by category
On the second day, we consider the wider aspects of the sake industry including:
- Maturity, temperature and aromatic profiles.
- Understanding sake labels
- Sake tasting by type
- How to introduce sake to customers
- Professional issues including purchasing, storage and sake vessels
- Umami and its relationship to sake.
Over the two days, we taste a wide variety of sake makes and designations.
There’s a test on the second day with multiple-choice questions, written questions and a tasting test. On successful completion of the course, you’ll be presented with an official SSA certificate and lapel pin, qualifying you as a certified Sake Sommelier.
With the knowledge acquired during the course, you should be comfortable conducting in-house sake training and educational programmes to the public and the beverage industry.
New course will be held on the 27th – 28th March.
Contact email@example.com to book your place. Last places available.