The Certified Sake Sommelier course takes place over two days.
On day 1 we cover the following:
- The history of Sake
- Sake production
- Sake terminology and classifications
- Sake tasting by category
On day 2 we consider the wider aspects of the sake industry including:
- Maturity, temperature and aromatic profiles.
- Understanding Sake labels
- Sake tasting by type
- How to introduce sake to customers
- Professional issues including purchasing, storage and Sake vessels
- Umami and its relationship to Sake.
Over the two days we taste a wide variety of Sakes and designations.
There’s a test on the second day with multiple-choice questions, written questions and a tasting test. On successful completion of the course, you’ll be presented with an official SSA certificate and a lapel pin, qualifying you as a Certified Sake Sommelier.
With the knowledge acquired during the course, you will be comfortable conducting in-house sake training and educational programmes to both members of the public and of the beverage industry.
Contact email@example.com to book your place.
19th to 20th November 2018
24th to 25th June 2019
Exclusive £545 offers to UK students who have completed the Introductory Sake Professional Course.